-

Oct 13, 2006

Watching the Daily Show with your Toddler

Image from Comedy Central Website


Ready for a Funny Friday? Try watching The Daily Show with your toddler. Oh my goodness! Yes, laughter will ensue. Last night, while watching the show, my eighteen-month-old grandson Jaden decided to pay attention to the television in an attempt to avoid falling asleep. As John Stewart did his comedy bit ripping G. Dubya to bits and making fun of his Rose Garden Press Conference, my grandson began to imitate the Prez. He waved his arms about gesturing in the "Dubya" manner and had us all in stitches. Someone once happened to mention the word "Dumb Dumb" and so every time Jaden sees good ole' Dubya he shreiks "Dumb Dumb" and points to the Prez. Hilarity ensues.

I know, I know. Not very patriotic. But hilarious as all get out at 11:30 at night. I 'bout peed my drawers I laughed so hard. He must have said "dumb dumb" about 19 times in a row during the broadcast while Stewart discussed issues and continued to show pieces of the press conference.

Hey, at least we didn't teach him a "bad" word. It could have been much worse. I know I'll get tons of comments on this one so bring 'em on. It was just harmless fun.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an old, old line, "out of the mouths of babes," but it fits. Great story!