-

Nov 11, 2006

Dreams helped my character.

I'm worn out. This lupus flare-up is kicking my tail. I slept most of the day and I am still tired. All I want to do is sleep. My body needs rest. I'd like to say I've been pounding away at the keyboard...but I haven't been. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Too bad. I did record some great plot ideas though.

I figured out what to do with Beth.

My dreams helped me. I have the ending, and the first 8 or so chapters I kept getting stuck in the middle. Two new characters introduced themselves to me in my dream last night. They told me who they were, what they needed to accomplish, why they bothered to show up, and how long they needed to hang around. Pretty cool eh?

One of them is a complete stranger--she meets the girl when she goes to the hotel bar for a little "liquid courage". The two start talking and drinking... they spend two days and nights together doing really crazy things and facing fears. They help each other face parts of themselves they never thought they would face.

The second "new" character is Penelope. Originally I thought she would play an extremely minor role. As it turns out, this character craves attention. She has begged me for more exposure. LOL. I don't want to give too much away. *should add about 80 pages*

0 Comments: