-

Jan 1, 2007

Welcome to the New Year

I watched a Harpo and Chico Marx Marathon last night to ring in the new year. I'm not one to make resolutions but I did make one this year. It has nothing to do with diet or any of the usual stuff. I need to do things to keep my concentration from getting any worse.
I have started playing word games and puzzles to help with my concentration and short term memory problems.

It took me 65 minutes to get through a Mahjong puzzle the first time. Yikes!!! The second time through it only took 48 minutes. I hope it improves each time. Real arcade has great games. I don't care for the rock 'em sock 'em type, but I do like the word puzzles and mind games. They give away free trials and about every six weeks they give away full games. Try them out.

I'm taking a break from short stories and my novel until all the holidays are over and my family visits are done. Too many breaks make concentration difficult.
My father arrives on the 9th. We had a bit of snow yesterday.... I hope he is ready for cold weather. (he is coming from Hawaii)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! This memory stuff comes with age, Kay, because I struggle with poor memory all of the time. Take care, and enjoy the time with your father.