-

Feb 22, 2007

Blogging Writers Make me Laugh


I admit it. Sometimes when I should be writing I am perusing writer blogs. I love to read what other bloggers have to say on the subject of writing. I find some real jewels out there. Though PaperbackWriter is down south right now she has Tom filling in for her. The post for Monday had me laughing so hard I nearly... well...you know. If you have ever struggled with your protagonist or read a book with a predictable protag you should zip right over to her site and read away. It is a guaranteed laugh.
Apparently television makes for good blogging material as well. I can't count the number of blogs that mentioned *gulp* American Idol (a show I watched a few years ago for one season and cannot understand how this show is surviving season after season). Several blogs (see this post ) at Writer Unboxed. Beth Ann Allens Blog also discuss (at length) the Grey's Anatomy situation. Will Meridith survive?
Why do I mention these? As a writer I am interested in the characters, the way the story unfolds and so much more. Certain things just don't work. You cannot kill off a main character and get away with it. Oh, and.... when there is a serious crisis at a major hospital you don't drag all the doctors away from surgery, the ER etc.... for a dying/possibly dead intern!
uh-- duh.
Needless to say I have been quite amused in blog central this week. Get out there and check out what people have to say.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. I hope you are feeling better.