-

Aug 21, 2006

New Medication may be the answer for me.

After a summer of complete agony, I had a chat with my doctor today. Lupus sucks sometimes. I laid it out on the line and let him know I really didn't care too much for the chemo medication he had me on and how I felt like a prisoner in my own home. Needless to say, he listened!!!

We talked over the alternatives and decided together to try something else. I like the way he respects my opinions. It is MY Health!!! So, we talked about a new medication. It isn't as devastating to the system. It doesn't make you nauseated all the time like my other chemo did. Yes, I need to suppress my immune system, but I also need to be able to function from day to day.

He is trying me on cellcept. I linked the name so you can read about it.

Now, I just wish I could find a pill for fatigue!

Tags: Lupus, cellCept, medication, KuMidwest,

0 Comments: