-

Oct 9, 2006

Acceptance letter means Happy Dance!


I got an acceptance email today! No, it isn't about my novel. Not yet. I will have a story published about my Lupus and how it has impacted me as a person/writer in an ezine in December. It will also showcase two poems. Yes, I know there are people out there who just don't get the whole poetry thing and who are turned off by poets. However, I have my foot in the door and I'm happy so let me do my Happy Dance and don't rain on my parade.
I'm still hard at work on my novel. Still struggling with plot, adding characters and the sluggish middle, but this sure brightened up my email box tonight. I couldn't physically do the dance myself so I brought in some help from Snoopy. I hope ya'll don't object.
Oh, and by the way. I completed my chapter book for middle-school aged kids a few years back and it has been gathering dust on my shelf ever since. I've been too afraid to send out any inquiries. I mean how do I market a controversial book about AIDS to school kids?
Well, I am going to figure out a way to do it. My spirit was renewed today. Amazing what one acceptance letter can do for you.
Happy Dance. Happy Dance.
I will provide a link when the ezine comes out on December 10, 2006.
Writing is my life. I knew there was a reason I got up every morning. Yipee!
P.S. The first few chats of the online writers conference were GREAT. I learned a lot and got invited to submit to an anthology. Check out the links for presenters here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Congratulations! What a great reason to be dancing! YEA for you and for your writing!
Liz
Successful Blog