-

Nov 21, 2006

Every Kiss Begins With Kay

Argggh. Are you tired of the commercials yet too? I know I've seen enough Christmas commercials already. Couples kissing. People shopping. Blech! What happened to Thanksgiving? It seems to have disappeared in the minds of the big companies and the corporate world. My next door neighbor put his tree up last week. Yep. He has a tree in his window with blinking Christmas lights. I want to scream. What the heck happened to waiting until after thanksgiving to start with all the lights and ornament stuff?
Every other word is about some "special deal" or how you can "wrap up the wow". Well what about people who live on a limited income? What about people who have to pay their personal property taxes in December? What about people who can barely afford to feed their families? This is a stressful time of year for them.
yes, I am in one of those groups.... or should I say all of those groups)
Good News though..... My son is coming home for Christmas. Yes, the US NAVY has a heart. He has one week leave. He told them how sick I've been and he gets to come home for a visit. I'm so happy. I haven't seen him since last Christmas. Happy Dance.

Technorati Tags:,


2 Comments:

Snoskred said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) I'm really thrilled for you that your son is coming home for Christmas and hope all works out well.. I agree with you, I wish people would quit with the Christmas so early, but what bugs me more is that I know I can walk into shopping centres in January and see easter eggs and hot cross buns. Easter is months away from January! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your son is coming home! I agree about the commercials--it seems we went from political ads to Christmas ones! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Another blogger whi is NOT gettting a diamond ring this Christmas either (and is still quite staisfied with life) :)